- Contemporary and traditional jewelry artist
- Santo Domingo Pueblo
- Creates feminine jewelry with unique gemstone combinations
- Handmade heishi beads, channel inlay, reversible pendant necklaces
- Portal Program at the Palace of the Governors
- Santa Fe Indian Market participant
- Designer and owner of Ellouise Originals
Ellouise Padilla is an acclaimed jewelry maker from Santo Domingo Pueblo, known for her one-of-a-kind jewelry pieces and couture interpretation of the ancient art of heishi. She learned jewelry-making from her parents, Don and Nancy Crespin, both renowned artists themselves. The Crespins taught their five children the incredibly labor-intensive process of making heishi beads by hand, and Padilla and her family take pride in carrying on a revered art. Padilla’s one-of-a-kind reversible pendant necklaces are one of her signature jewelry styles, collected around the world for their versatility and feminine style.