- Contemporary jewelry designer & silversmith
- Laguna Pueblo/Chiricahua Apache
- Known for contemporary styles with a touch of tradition
- Brazing, texturing, polishing, and inlay
- First Place, Santa Fe Indian Market, 2014
- First Place Inlay, Eiteljorg Museum Indian Fair & Market, 2012
- 2nd place Division A, Heard Museum Guild Indian Fair & Market, 2011
The youngest of four children born to Daniel Pruitt and Geraldine Yahnozha, Chris was raised in Laguna Pueblo, New Mexico and continues to live in his boyhood village of Paguate. He began his work as a silversmith in 2006 when his “love for rocks, and working with metal was transformed into beautiful and unique pieces of jewelry.” He was mentored by his older brother and jeweler Pat Pruitt and by family friend Charlie Bird. Chris’ jewelry represents a contemporary style of silversmithing with a traditional touch. His techniques include but not limited to: fabricating, brazing, texturing, polishing and cutting and inlay of precious and semi-precious stones and wood. Along with his Silversmith title, Chris holds the title of Personal Chef backed by his Le Cordon Bleu training.